REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC)
Since 1969, the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) has promoted the election of pro-REALTOR® candidates across the United States. The purpose of RPAC is clear: REALTORS® raise and spend money to elect candidates who understand and support their interests. The money to accomplish this comes from voluntary contributions made by REALTORS®. These are not members’ dues; this is money given freely by REALTORS® in recognition of how important campaign fundraising is to the political process. RPAC doesn’t buy votes. RPAC enables REALTORS® to support candidates that support the issues that are important to their profession and livelihood.
Several issues that RPAC has assisted Rhode Island REALTORS® include:
Proposed 2% real estate transfer tax in 2019 defeated
REALTORS® will NOT risk a fine of $5,000 per day for failure to provide a lead disclosure
REALTORS® keep their freedom to work independently
Home sales will not trigger mandatory cesspool replacement
No new climate change restrictions on property owners
Some details you may find helpful:
- Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and used for political purposes.
- The amounts indicated are only suggestions and you may give more or less or refuse to contribute without affecting your membership rights.
- 70% of contribution is used by the Rhode Island RPAC to support state and local political candidates.
- 30% of each contribution is sent to national RPAC. Of that amount, 90% is used by national RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2US.C.44a, while the remaining 10% is used for other federal grassroots political activities.
- Contributions are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purpose
- Only members of the Association may contribute
Corporate donations are prohibited. Under both Federal and State law only personal contributions (checks not drawn from corporate accounts.)